13 October 2008

Pilgrimage Part 1

Saturday-Arrival in Wilmette, Illinois. After living in the Hight desert for ten years, tree lined brick streets are more than a memory-a beautiful reminder of other times


The First Presbyterian Church is where my grandfather was pastor and my brother and I were baptised

Central school was just down the alley-less than a block from our house- where we attended grammar school and hung out at the playground in the summers and on weekends.
This was the house I grew up in-seems smaller now and the trees much taller.
This is the Wilmette Bowl which was in Gilson Park at the lake front( Lake Michigan).


This was a small area farther north called Plaza Del Lago where I had my first job at the snack counter of the Teatro Del lago.

The road tour ended as my friend Rick and I prepared for our reunion.

2 comments:

A.Fanny said...

Nostalgia-rama! When do we get to start drinking - and what will it be? Beer for old times sake or single malt to bring back to the present?

Wicked Thistle said...

Oh, I LOVE this walk down memory lane! It's so fun to see the places I've heard you speak of--and I couldn't help imagining you sneaking out that bedroom window of the old house. Thanks so much for sharing your memories.

Natalie Dessay rehearsing in Santa Fe 2008

Sempre libra Millenium park 2008

La Sonnambula Finale

Dessay in Santa Fe