Having had time to contemplate the topic, I have come up with a few things, that I consider "holy." And surprisingly - or not surprisingly, my favorite choices have changed and evolved as I have grown.
1. This would have to be the majesty of nature, be that --a forest glen hushed and still, moist with new growth, rich with the smell of the earth and silent with expectation or a sunrise on the beach with the quiet, rippling of the water, and the softness of a breeze. It could even be my front yard at sundown, when the light shines horizontally, and is fractured into a million different colors. Mountaintops-- with vistas which extend to distant horizons.
2. Music. I am moved by so many different kinds of music; tight harmonies, rich- bombastic symphonies, kick-ass-foot stompin' screamers, melodious Broadway tunes, and exquisite vocal solos which cause the hair on my neck to stand up and my chest to tighten.
3. Animals: all animals, but especially the ones in my care. However, I have been known to stop my car any number of times to capture a picture of a cow, horse, sheep, dog, cat or chicken. I especially love baby animals in the way they smell and the softness of their fur.
4. Sleeping: During the night, in a car, in my recliner or on a couch. It's a wonderful way to refresh and start over. 10 minutes or 10 hours-it's luscious.
5. Laughter. The ever popular laughter. Chuckling, guffaw-ing, snickering, belly laughing, and for me-embarrassed laughing. I especially liked the kind where the tears are running down my face and the endorphins are pounding in my head ( most recently because of the Vanishing Mogollon-it wasn't so funny for them-but cracked me up).
6. Love. I would say, a heart warming, soul soothing love of family and friends-especially on those days when there seems to be a dearth of love.
I have another whole file folder full of holy things that are directly related to that God-type Holy. That would be a topic for another blog.
I appreciate the chance to have thought about these things, it has warmed cockles of my heart.