05 July 2007

belated commentary


Turkey vulture Cathartes aura

Infrequent blogging leads to constipation of the brain, which results in a strange combination of out-pouring.

I would like to start with and political comment:(related to the aforementioned photo) this country is going to hell in handbasket. I know it's not original, but I can hardly find words that will capture my feelings of outrage, disappointment, fear and horror. If I had a sharp stick ; I would like to firmly embed it directly into the eyeballs of our nonelected current administration--repeatedly, and with great vigor.

But first I would like to say that I was directed to a wonderful commentary by Keith Olbermann at MSNBC and now posted on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FU7dY1CXRPk) which is intelligent and articulate as well as -spot on. Please, please take a few minutes to watch this video; it will give you strength, just to know that someone can articulate the problems and solutions so cleary. Then we seriously need to DO something, I mean seriously. March in the streets and scream at the top of our lungs "I AM MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!! Say that 3 times and call your representaive.

Now on to another intriguing topic, new-word-find-stuff. I am always tickled to learn new fun facts and even if you already knew this, play along or share your own.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) ver·bi·age
Pronunciation Key - [vur-bee-ij] (YES! -3 syllables)–noun 1.overabundance or superfluity of words, as in writing or speech; wordiness; verbosity.
2.manner or style of expressing something in words; wording: a manual of official verbiage.
Jargon File verbage /ver'b*j/ n.
A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage that assimilates it to the word `garbage'. More pejorative than `verbiage'
huh, who knew!


Now my break is over, back to house *work*.


and a photo from July 4th

8 comments:

A.Fanny said...

Thank you for posting the commentary! When I went to it on YouTube, it wouldn't play (I or my computer, or both, are tech challenged!). Thank you also for your passion and commitment!

moi said...

Turkey vultures have more integrity than our current administration, my friend. Good video. I'm mad as hell and wish there weren't a way to take it anymore. I hope in 2008 we're not looking at yet another "there is no other pill to take; so swallow the one that makes you ill" scenario, but I'm not holding out much hope.

moi said...

Having trouble posting comments, but I'll try again:

Yes, I'm mad as hell but wondering if we have no choice but to take it all? In other words: there IS NO other pill to take; so swallow the one that makes you ill.

I hope not . . .

Doris Rose said...

try again, hope bloggy not broke.

A.Fanny said...

Thanks tons for posting the commentary. I couldn't watch it on YouTube since I or my computer or both are tech challenged. Thanks also for taking stands and letting us know about them. We need to allow ourselves to speak out as in days of yore!

booba said...

I just saw Frank Langella play Nixon on broadway in FROST/NIXON and came away actually feeling sorry for the creep and his crappy botched burglary that was once the talk of the town. I wondered if someone would write a play 30 years from now that could actually make little bush's crimes more palatable. Ofcourse, the coverup seems much deeper today and as it turned out Nixon actually had a conscience lurking beneath those nasty eyebrows something the little bush seems to lack. Frost ultimately outwitted Nixon in the interviews and got him to own up to his role in the Watergate coverup. These guys running the show today are slicker than an undigested big mac followed by a preparation H chaser that ends up all over the public john at the local wal-mart where everyone knows somebody's made a mighty mess of things but who gives a shit anyway and furthermore who's gonna clean it up see'in as the toilet is clogged, the floor flooded it stinks to high heaven and the cocksuckers who did it are walkin out the front door with big fat smug smiles that seem to say "Impeach me? Go ahead make my day." Clint Eastwood, their alter ego, got away with it because he was TALL and you never noticed the disgusting brown greasy stain around his denim crack that pegged him as an ASSHOLE! God Bless

moi said...

1. Turkey vultures have WAY more integrity than our gub'ment.

2. I'm hoping with this next election, it's not more of the same old, "There is no other pill to take, so swallow the one that makes you ill." but we'll see.

Wicked Thistle said...

Heh, heh, Bob said, "cocksucker."
;-)

Natalie Dessay rehearsing in Santa Fe 2008

Sempre libra Millenium park 2008

La Sonnambula Finale

Dessay in Santa Fe